Harrisville Depot

    Historic Site Features:

    Built in 1901 for the Detroit and Mackinac Railway Company, this cut stone depot was a busy place any day of the week with the bustling lumber business in and around Harrisville. Daily trains arrived or departed to destinations such as Detroit or Cheboygan. As the lumber business diminished and automobile use increased, rail travel became less and less common. The last passenger train left the station on March 31, 1951. Mail and freight service continued through the early 1960's, after which the building was used for occasional storage by the railroad. This depot is one of the few remaining in northern Michigan. The depot is not open for public access inside, but is available for outside photos and is located along the Harrisville Heritage Route Trail.
    Expand

    Map Legend

    • Trail Head
    • Historical Site
    • Beach
    • Natural Feature
    • Campground
    • Park
    • Cultural Interest
    • Scenic View
    • Educational Interest
    • Visitor Center
    • Emergency Care
    • Water Access
    • Fishing
    • Wildlife or Nature Viewing
    • Trail Friendly Business

    Photos

    Weather

    Current
    UV Index
    wunderground.com