Old Settlers' Park is located on the southeastern shore of Glen Lake, on South Dunns Farm Road (County Road 675) in Empire Township. Early settlers' established it as a picnic ground in 1892 with access to Glen Lake. The chapel located on the grounds of the park is available for use and is coordinated and maintained by the Glen Lake Woman’s Club on a first come, first serve basis. The park's other facilities include two fireplace/barbeque stoves; a gazebo with seating; a playground; a non-motorized boat launch; a food preparation and serving buidling known as the "Grub Shack;" picnic areas with tables; grills; and benches.
For history on the picnic grounds visit http://www.leelanau.cc/government596791.asp.