City of Houghton Bike Path
The League of American Bicyclists has awarded the City of Houghton the Bicycle Friendly Community Silver level designation for 2013-2017. Houghton is one of only two cities in the state with the silver designation and the only city in the U.P.
- The City has a non-motorized, paved, trail that runs east-west the entire length of the City. It starts at the Pilgrim River on the east and follows the waterfront to the Kestner Waterfront Park on the west.
- Sharon Avenue: There is a wide shoulder on both sides of Sharon Avenue for biking and walking.
- College Avenue: There are wide sidewalks on both sides of College Avenue that allow biking and walking.
- Downtown: For the safety of pedestrians entering and exiting shops, bicycles must be walked on the sidewalk on Shelden Avenue.
- Houghton Avenue Bike Boulevard: Houghton Avenue is designated as the recommended east/west route through town with a safe connection to the waterfront (through the M-26 Tunnel) and the Michigan Tech Campus. Look for the bike route signs.
Note: Not all sections of each trail are approved for every activity listed for the trail as a whole. Please click on individual trail sections to see approved activities for that section.
|ORGANIZATION:||City of Houghton|
|ADD INFO:||Send Email|